• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tennessee Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Traditions Tennessee Rifle any opinions on this gun. I found one in a pawn shop the barrel maybe shot (rusted)but they want 175.00 thought might be a project gun. :youcrazy:

I got one on GB a few months ago with a 1/32 barrel :redface: I think its really cool looking but have yet to shoot it. I did find I can order a 1/66 barrel so am saving again.............

Traditions locks are terrible and I will never own another one. You might get by if it were a caplock. The wood is not very nice and the barrel is pretty short. I would take that $175 and buy a good lock or barrel and start your project from there. I don't mean to offend but that is what I would do.
String

I have two of them. One in flint the other is a caplock. The flint has issues one of which could be me. The caplock has been reliable and shoots better than I can hold or see. No they may not be the highest quality but for the money they are hard to beat.

I suggest lapping a "bad" barrel before having it rebored. I have salvaged many "bad" barrels by lapping or refreshing if needed. :idunno:

I agree with Deputy Dog that the Crockett is a superior performing rifle. In fact, Traditions barrels are amazingly well made and accurate. Clean the bore up and see how it shoots.

Latest posts

Back