• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Peep Sight

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wayne Lundstrom

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anybody ever notice that the TC peep for PA hunter etc.when mounted, seems to be angled? The vertical post not pendicular to the barrel? Any thoughts ?

Loosen the locking screw, for the height adjustment, and the aperture will move slightly side to side. Retighten the locking screw when you like the way it sits.

Yeah, it drove me nuts on my New Englander until I made a contoured, brass shim to lift up the rear end and "level" out the sight. Didn't make the sight work any better, but it made me feel better when I looked at it.

I drill 2 new hole for the t/c hunter peep;I favor the peep to sit about 1/2" from the front tang screw I aso redrill the peep hole to .080

Thanks! Nice to know that there are others who are aware of this. Like one repley,"drives me nuts as well". Not sure if that little bit of backward tilt technically means a hill of beans, but it dosn't look right. I too have been toying with grinding/shims etc.I know they made two different models and I did buy the one listed for gun. My guess is it may have been designed for one of the models with less stock drop. My friend has one on a renegade and it seems better

Besides the williams barrel mounted peep, any others for the TCs ?
PS...I have any one when taken out of package actually has oppisite curve (slightrocker) to the base.

Besides the one you listed the Lyman SML 57 (or 57 SML ?) Bolts right on the TC tang screws. I have one used with the Lyman 17 front globe sight is an excellent target quality peep sight. And I can pop it out of the base and switch barrels to go to open sights, and it lines back up perfectly when it is put back on, no resighting in required. Hope this helps, Jim

Back