• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Peep Sight Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiochuck

Lifetime Supporter
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Does the TC Peep sight # 7196 fit a Seneca without needing to drill at least one hole?
I have a TC Peep sight ?? but it will require drilling one hole.
Thanks!
Jim
peep tc 4.jpg
peep tc 1.jpg
peep TC 2.jpg
peep tc 3.jpg

Last edited:
Chuck.

Don’t know about the Seneca but on my New Englander I had to drill and tap one hole. Easy to do. IMO you want the peep as close to your eye as you can get it. However, you must also be concerned about the rear angle so as it does not sit low. If you simply set the peep up on the tang, you will see which existing hole to use. If you have a wedge it might give you the option of using either existing hole.

The other consideration is how close to the hammer the sight will be. Personally, I do not like the peep close to the hammer.

This one is a conical shooter so it required the peep to be almost maxed out on elevation adjustment when using the existing rear tang hole. Depending on the angle of the Seneca, and if you are going to shoot round balls, you might get by using the rear existing hole, in terms of elevation adjustment.

Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_1927.jpeg
    IMG_1927.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1928.jpeg
    IMG_1928.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1929.jpeg
    IMG_1929.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
they will work with factory 3 hole tangs, two hole tangs will need to be drilled and tapped. t/c make 3 models of the peep.1 pn 7194 hawken / renegade, 2, pn 7197 new englander and 3 Seneca / Cherokee pn7196

Last edited:

willfish4fud

posted this photo of a Seneca with the peep sight installed. several years ago- thanks to willfish4fud
It does appear to require drilling one hole to use.
any comments?
I was hoping no drilling would be needed
Thanks!
Jim
TC Peep seeca.jpg

ETipp
Thank you for posting the photos
They really helped me

Thanks to all who responded- I really appreciate your help!
Again thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
Back