• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD TC New Englander 12 gauge

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
For sale just in time for fall squirrel season is a hard to find Thompson Center New Englander 12 gauge shotgun. Barrel is cylinder bore, no removable chokes on this one. Wood has a few small scratches and scuffs here and there but overall very good. Metal parts are very good. Bore is in great shape, maybe not like a mirror but certainly no rust or pitting and it's nice and smooth all the way down. Everything works and functions as it should and there are no issues of any kind that I am aware of. In my testing this gun shot the best pattern at 20 yards with 80 grains of 3f (or 90 2f), lubed nitro card over powder,1 1/4 ounce of #5 shot and 2 thin cards over shot. Great gun for small game, lite and handy to carry in the field. I am also including a Lee .69 ball mold to go with her. I didn't think I would ever sell this one but I rarely shoot my percussion guns anymore. Price is $535.00 shipped and insured inside the lower US.Not interested in trades at this time. Thanks for looking
20220723_183142.jpg
20220723_191052.jpg
20220723_190350.jpg
20220723_190053.jpg
20220723_184050.jpg
20220723_185735.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, I have jug choked those guns with great success. It will give you great patterns at forty yards, and on top of that they are really great to handle and hunt with.
If you wait and watch, sometimes a .50 or even a .54 cal. barrel comes up for sale, making that an amazing combo gun combination. All for a very modest price.
Please pardon my interruption with this ad, but wanted to add my .02 cents worth to point out the value of this great little gun.
Fred

They really do handle nicely. I've never weighed it but I would guess it to be around 6 or 7 pounds at most. Much lighter than the rifle barreled version. A joy to carry in the woods.

Last edited:
For sale just in time for fall squirrel season is a hard to find Thompson Center New Englander 12 gauge shotgun. Barrel is cylinder bore, no removable chokes on this one. Wood has a few small scratches and scuffs here and there but overall very good. Metal parts are very good. Bore is in great shape, maybe not like a mirror but certainly no rust or pitting and it's nice and smooth all the way down. Everything works and functions as it should and there are no issues of any kind that I am aware of. In my testing this gun shot the best pattern at 20 yards with 80 grains of 3f (or 90 2f), lubed nitro card over powder,1 1/4 ounce of #5 shot and 2 thin cards over shot. Great gun for small game, lite and handy to carry in the field. I am also including a Lee .69 ball mold to go with her. I didn't think I would ever sell this one but I rarely shoot my percussion guns anymore. Price is $535.00 shipped and insured inside the lower US.Not interested in trades, I can take paypal or money order as payment. ThanksView attachment 151553View attachment 151543View attachment 151544View attachment 151545View attachment 151552View attachment 151551
Is this still available?

I would like to purchase it from you but I’m unsure of how to message you privately I am new to the group
J Quigley,
I have no part in this sale, but I must say you got a dandy of a great hunting black powder shotgun.
I have had two of these, they are great! Easy to carry, quick to point.
When Thompson Center was handling these, they had a lifetime warranty, they have since been bought out by Smith & Wesson, sadly that warranty no longer stands.
However with reasonable care that fine gun will last a lifetime.
You have bought a great gun. Congratulations!
Have a great day!
Fred

Please folks give me a few moments to figure some things out with a member who is interested. I will post back with the sale status just as soon as I find out for certain what that is. Thanks

Hi, I have jug choked those guns with great success. It will give you great patterns at forty yards, and on top of that they are really great to handle and hunt with.
If you wait and watch, sometimes a .50 or even a .54 cal. barrel comes up for sale, making that an amazing combo gun combination. All for a very modest price.
Please pardon my interruption with this ad, but wanted to add my .02 cents worth to point out the value of this great little gun.
Fred
I also have the same gun in .54 cal. I built it in the 90s. I did not know I could put a shot barrel on mine. I agree that would be very cool combo. I like to look out for a barrel myself. The gun above looks in amazing condition. I love mine and would never sell it. Just have the horror of my last 1/2 can of FF goex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back