• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC Flintlock is home!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And ebiggs' problem is not the location of the touch hole in the barrel. It is the location of the barrel and tang being inlet too far back in the stock. That's the way I see it.
I would send it back to T/C again and insist on a new stock with everything inlet properly.

Yep; I guess your right about the breeching of the opposite end. I never really thought about it much but it would be the same. Still it's pretty odd being left hand twist don't you think?

You are correct, sir. I have now tried 4 different stocks (switched parts) and I have found one that positions the flash hole exactly where I want (think) it should be.

ebiggs said:
They said there was nothing wrong and this is the way they are made now. Here is the
If thats the way they are being made now, Someone needs to go into the back of their shop and slap the moron up side the head, Maybe that will line things up :thumbsup:

I called Thompson Center and got to talk to “Jack”, the tech that worked on my rifle.
I asked, “Jack why didn’t you fix my rifle?” He said it fired fine and he had no mis-fires. I asked if he noticed I had drilled out the flash hole to 5/64”, to make if fire more reliably? He said no but the TC engineering department was working on this problem and the stock manufacturer had caused it. TC no longer makes their own stocks. They farm it out and that shop has mis-located the mortise for the lock. He also said to call back in 3 months or so and he hoped by then there would be a solution. But he said all he had available to him was the very same stock I already have. That is why he didn’t replace it. He lastly said that TC would make it right as quickly as possible and would make me 1000% satisfied. ß That’s right one thousand!
And so it goes, the saga continues. I’ll keep the forum updated on the outcome.

EBIGGS<
Sounds like he said that they'll fix it as soon as they have the right parts on hand to do it.... I had a similar issue with a centerfire 22-250 rife a few years ago that had a headspace problem out of the box. Sent it back and go word 8 months later that the headspace was ok, but it didn't meet their accuracy standard. They were out of 22 cal "barrell assemblies" and it would be 6-9 months more if I wanted the same cal - or I could have it in a few weeks in any other cal... well I got it in .308 and it'll shoot about half minute at 600 yards!

Sounds like ya just need to be patient a while longer and this ordeal will work out for ya.

Jethro224 said:
one has a barrel that is left hand twist (probably breeched the wrong end)

The longer barrel with the left hand twist is another production error

The left hand twist was manufactured for a supplier south of the equator, it just got mixed in the North American parts. :v :rotf: :rotf:

i was one that talked to them about the vent holes.i have 4 t/c with 2 with vent back and other 2 on center, both never had problem going off.

I've got four flint barrels for TCs: 1 TC and 3 GM. I think the TC is the only one that lines up center, but all of them work just fine.

I restocked my off center TC. It is prefectly centered now. It works perfectly as I am on a 100+ shot streak without a misfire of any kind. I got 90 shots from just one flint! TC has been great and promised they would do whatever I wanted. I am not going to let anyone touch this rifle, especially while it is working so well. I am still amazed at the accuracy of these rilfes. I have 15 TC's now with variuos different furniture, and barrels, on them and I am gaining qutie a bit of knowledge about them.

The above reply is also intended for you.
Thanx both of you for the feedback.

actually the vent should be towards the rear more and not in center.a test was done on locations of the vent hole and i believe towards rear was best.maybe paul or roundball will respond .i know i read it somewhere but cant remember where?

Back