• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

TC 56 SB Worth The Price?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walkabout

40 Cal
Reaction score
The guy wants $450 plus shipping and taxes. This one has the single trigger, which I prefer. Worth it? Thanks

The guy wants $450 plus shipping and taxes. This one has the single trigger, which I prefer. Worth it? Thanks
It seems to depend on where in the country you live.
Here in Massachusetts it’s probably the most common used muzzleloaders you’ll find in gun shops. They seem to run between $75-$200 depending on condition and time of year.
Prices seem to go up a bit right before muzzleloader deer season.
I love mine but that price seems steep to me.

Last edited:
If it's the one on Gunbroker, your total is going to be also plus a GB fee assessed to the buyer. Figure on about $530 out-of-pocket everything included, if you get it at the starting bid. There's another TC .56 cal smoothbore offered at the same starting price with no bids, but it's basically brand new, and although it does have a double-set trigger, IMO it's the better of the two. If it were me, and I was in no hurry, I'd rather just bide my time and see what else comes up for auction to get a better feel for the current market price. Maybe neither sell and get relisted at a lesser price.

"Worth it" is entirely subjective to the individual, and no one else can say whether it is worth it but you; however "market price" is what other people are willing to pay and if you're also willing, then that's what it's worth to you.

Last edited:
I have one, and I like it very much for what I do. I don't watch the prices closely, but they are not common here so they catch my attention when I see one. Very recently I've seen two of them locally for around the 400 mark. It seems high, but I think candy bars have gotten over priced too, so I dunno.......

Peruse the sold stuff in the classifieds and see what folks on here have been paying. In my local those smoothbores are rare and single trigger Renegades are even rarer for some reason. At that price I've seen guys pay that for just that barrel at gun shows and folks snatch em off of evilbay as soon as they are listed.

Been kicking the tires on a flintlock one at a local shop. Kind of want a rifle though. It's a bit more than the one selling on here by a couple hundred.

Back