• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sunday hunting?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different county different rules and applies to what you are allowed to hunt with. Pretty soon you will need to consult with a lawyer to figure out the rules and regs. Have hunted in a lot of states and you need to keep yourself updated or you will be paying fines.

zimmerstutzen said:
Some misinformation about pa. You can hunt crows and coyotes on Sundays. It was legal to hunt hogs 24-7 until 3 yrs ago. Now they are a game animal requiring a license and now no Sundays.

A small but troublesome group of slob hunters are so brazen that they will ignore posted signs, drive deer off private property and harass landowners. I have been threatened by hunters while I stood at my barn surrounded by posted signs. The slobs don't fear the police or trespass charges but they fear getting nailed for Sunday hunting by a WCO.

What misinformation do you speak of? :stir:

First of all,I said you can hunt crows...I simply added the origin to how SUNDAY became allowed...since this prior to that point it would have been illegal. The coyote is a more recent addition and, IMHO, doesn't need explanation. Foxes being huntable Sundays are due to politics...period! The hog issue is simply a non-native species which our illustrious legislature and PGC screwed up.

I'm sorry you have trouble on your farm with slobs. We all have them. I still hunt the family farm and have had to put up with too many things, "slob-oriented" to describe here. But, what does that really have to do with Sunday hunting? Are your slobs somewhere else the other six days of the week?

Ohio now has Sunday hunting, but one odd thing, at least to my way of thinking, is that you can only hunt crows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday during the "crow season", I can't fathom why. Years ago there were restrictions on Sunday hunting, but those were removed over time.

I was actually responding to the erroneous information in palonghunter's post.

As for where the slobs are six days a week, I already indicated they aren't here Sundays because they fear arrest by the wco for Sunday hunting.

The rational is painfully simple, no Sunday hunting for deer and no Sunday slobs. Hmmmm! Six days of deer hunting slobs and six days deer hunting Hmmm! Not a great leap of logic to expect 7 days of slobs to go with 7 day legal deer hunting. When Pa adopts real trespass laws instead of $75 fines, when and if the cops will respond. When the game commission starts enforcing illegal hunting against trespassers maybe the situation will be less hostile for landowners.

where i live in north ms. we can hunt on sunday. at one time you had to wait till after 12 to dove hunt but thats changed now.

Back