• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sunday go to meetin clothes

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc Arroyo

Greybeard
Reaction score
The missus decided she needed a new photo of me, and I thought you might like to see the kit. Of course the Fort is my second home, na the main building and the wagon makes for a better background then the big galloot in the foreground. :winking:
SuttersFortMisc.jpg

Yep, I did make the coat. Started with a number of braintan deer hides, picked up the scissors and took a deep breath. Dang that first cut is hard to make! :haha:

Hey Doc, here's my impression of your photo with an antique look.

doc-arroyo-001a.jpg

Nice outfit BTW

RJ

Yes I start with the sepia and then adjust the color to how I think it should look and then make a cutout of the hole photo with a jagged edge and past it right over the original. I then darken the cutout and set the edge to be a little transparent. I then adjust the transparent on the hole cutout until I get the full effect I am looking for. Its a lot of fun.

RJ

Doc.....I like the threads!! You obviously did your homework!

Just out of curiosity, what impression/persona are you doing?

Judging from the adobe structures in the background, I would say 1850's Southwest......am I close?

Brasilikilt said:
Just out of curiosity, what impression/persona are you doing?

Judging from the adobe structures in the background, I would say 1850's Southwest......am I close?

Thanks all for the comments and the photoshop work too!

I am a volunteer at Sutter's Fort State Park in Sacramento. We interpet the fort in 1846. I am a bit of a roustabout with the fork. Hunter, trapper, carpenter and as of late, gunsmith. If'n your in the neighborhood, give us a shout. There be more than a few of us fort folks on this wire! :hatsoff:

Back