• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stumbled on a Deal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
Went to look at a Swedish Mauser a guy had today and while talking to him he told me about an old fella he had bought some guns from that had an Italian .44 revolver for sale. Said i could probably get it with all the extras he had for $150 or so. So i went over a the guy brought it all out. He had a Pietta 1858 Remington Target model with aspare cylinder, a brass powder flask, brass pistol capper, nipple wrench, cleaning rod, jag, brushes, patches, (all in a ;plastic compartmented case) about 25-30 Buffalo bullets, about 50-60 rd balls, a box of .440 rd balls, about 925 or so CCI caps, a lb of Pyrodex P, a couple hundered Wonder Wads, an Uncle Mikes Sidekick holster, and a book " An Introduction to black powder revolvers" by Phil Spangenberger, all for $128. The gun is almost like new. Sometimes even a blind pig finds an acorn. :grin: :grin:

Ohh, i didn't get the Mauser.

Yup. Great deal.

I'm afraid I've had my run of good luck. I've been lucky at auctions twice (and unlucky dozens of times!) - got an unfired Colt Signature 3rd Model Dragoon for $200 once and fell into a situation where an auctioneer was selling 90 handguns on a bad weather day another time. 20 of the guns were bp and I was the only bp buyer in the place, so nobody bidding against me. The auctioneer finally just let me take my pick for an agreed $100 each. I bought all I could afford: a Euroarms Rogers & Spencer, an 1860 Colt Army, an 1873 Colt SAA (c&b version), an 1862 Colt Police (all Ubertis) and a Pietta Starr SA. All unfired in good quality gun rugs. Tried to leave to get more money but the auctioneer said if I did he could legally declare the remaining stuff as no bid items and shut the sale down. I tried to contact the owner after the sale to see if he'd deal on the rest of the stuff but he didn't respond. Still wonder what happened to the rest of the guns.

I keep going to auctions just in case...

those pietta revolvers are dangerouse,send it to me and i`ll check it out for free :bull: :rotf: :rotf: i just purchased a new one cost 205.00 you got a deal :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lucky you, if bought new all that would go for probably 400$ maybe more. I like my Pietta .44, shoots good.

Thanks guys, i know it was a good deal. I priced the stuff new from Cabelas and it would have been around $445 for all of it. The gun and spare cyl. alone is $260 from them + shipping.

Great Buy! :) You could ship them to me and for a small fee I'd check them out for ya :rotf: .

Wish I could fall into something like that :winking: .

All the best, Dave

Not bad for a out-west guy! One big ole acorn, for sure! The box of .440's will be too small for the pistol but will make good buckshot for Yeti! :rotf: :rotf:

Back