• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Starr pistol riflestock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ab44

32 Cal
Reaction score
Here is question of the day. Original 1858-1860 Starr .44cal with original grips. A metal plate is attached to bottom (screw missing/broken in hole ) and some idiot cut across the screw/plate with a saw ??? people can not take them anywhere.
Anyway does anyone know how this works. Has anyone seen this before. It looks made in civil war time. Does a rifle stock have a metal slide to fit dovetail? Is it on top of stock or bottom. Are there any other attachments to hold the stock to mainframe? and last does anyone have the stock stuck up in you attic??? lolol Thanks guys I know you welcome pics and problems to solve.

Attachments

• DSCN0164.JPG
    DSCN0164.JPG
    772.1 KB · Views: 3
  • DSCN0165.JPG
    DSCN0165.JPG
    770.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0166.JPG
    DSCN0166.JPG
    729.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0167.JPG
    DSCN0167.JPG
    771.1 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0168.JPG
    DSCN0168.JPG
    761.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN0169.JPG
    DSCN0169.JPG
    673.2 KB · Views: 0
Here is question of the day. Original 1858-1860 Starr .44cal with original grips. A metal plate is attached to bottom (screw missing/broken in hole ) and some idiot cut across the screw/plate with a saw ??? people can not take them anywhere.
Anyway does anyone know how this works. Has anyone seen this before. It looks made in civil war time. Does a rifle stock have a metal slide to fit dovetail? Is it on top of stock or bottom. Are there any other attachments to hold the stock to mainframe? and last does anyone have the stock stuck up in you attic??? lolol Thanks guys I know you welcome pics and problems to solve.

Can't state Star never patented a pistol shoulder stock but in my years of collecting I've never seen one.
Looks like someone back in the early days came up with their own shoulder stock adaption for this pistol but father time has separated them.

I've seen numerous long-barrel & stock addition mods made to original 58 Remington revolvers to turn them into longer range guns & some were quite well done. These mads were done later after Remington made a limited number of shoulder stocked long barreled carbines.
Relic shooter

Back