• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel season tomorrow!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fw707

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Well, our 2 week Spring squirrel season starts tomorrow, and I'm gonna take the 20 ga. flinter out and see if I can ruin their day. :winking:

:thumbsup: I can't wait till ours starts... man I have a while yet :haha: Good luck and happy hunting!

I gotta wait until Sept. 15th to legally get me a mess for squack and dumplings in broth. I generally use my .44 Rem, tears 'em up some unless I get a good head shot but the best meat is loins/hams anyway. I field clean 'em and leave the cast-off for other critters

We don't get a spring season here in Ohio. Will have to wait until fall to try out my .36 caliber. Just curious though, I have been having a problem here in early fall with warvels. Are they a problem this time of year?

we poor souls in PA have to wait till the 3rd week in oct :cursing: good luck :v .............bob

fw707 said:
Well, our 2 week Spring squirrel season starts tomorrow, and I'm gonna take the 20 ga. flinter out and see if I can ruin their day. :winking:
Sure wish ours ran at a different time...it runs in parallel with deer season here and I always spend my time on the deer...then by the time my tags are filled or the season closes, the woods are bare and squirrels can see me coming a mile away.

roundball said:
then by the time my tags are filled or the season closes, the woods are bare and squirrels can see me coming a mile away.

roundball, that's when you need a good squirrel dog, or at least a good friend with a good squirrel dog! :haha:
I have good luck in the late season by sitting myself down in a good stand of timber and just waiting for the squirrels to start stirring around.

feel sorry for you fellas,our squirrel season here in missouri runs from the end of may till the middle of febuary,almost year round.

Oklahoma is the same way David50. And if I remember correctly, rabbit season is even longer.

rabbit season only lasts a few months here,december through febuary if i remember right.not a hole lot of them around this part of missouri although they do seem to be making a comeback.everyone says that coyotes depleted them but i believe it was hawks.me and the wife counted over 90 hawks on a 40 mile drive.

I just double checked my regs and I was off. Rabbit season doesn't start until October but it does run into mid-March. So about half the year is rabbit season. Can't complain.

You're probably right. That sounds like plenty of hawks. We have some around here but nothing in that kind of concentration.

Back