• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Springbuck in the Kalahari Desert

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heinrich

40 Cal.
Reaction score
These are pics of a smallish Springbuck that I had shot with a similiar load to the Blesbuck, 80gr of Wano, 385gr Bushveld Conical, and shot out my .50 Ranger by Traditions/Ardesa, with 1:48 rate of twist. Distance was just a tad over 120m, and as can be seen from the neck shot, she did never moved.

Springbok2.jpg

NeckShotSpringbok.jpg

This Springbuck I shot with a spine shot, at about 75m, identical load as above.

Springbok3.jpg

This was my first ever Springbuck with muzzleloader, and took this very large ram at about 122m. Him I took with a heart shot.

Traveler_Springbok.jpg

Great shootin Heinrich. :thumbsup: What's the weight range on the Springbucks ( in pounds :grin: ) Nice looking critters!! How far do you have to drive for your hunts?? Just curious. :hmm:

snagg

Once again, Congratulations!
Interesting animals, great pics, and good shooting., Keep em coming. :hatsoff:

Thanks. :grin:

Springbuck on average will dress out around the 50 pound mark.

For these hunts in the Kalahari we drive about 9 hours. But we do have excellent bush hunting areas within about an hour from Pretoria where Titus and I live.

Kirrmeister, Heinrich and I are brothers (by blood) and hence hunting colleauges... :v He was the lucky one, he got the German name and surname, I only got the surname... :haha: :haha:

WoW Africa looks like it would be realy cool to hunt in. Mabe some day after the kids have grown. Congrats and regards. Fisher King :hatsoff: .

I'm saving for a hunt in the United States, and hopefully it is on the cards for 2007.

But hunting in the African bush, and African desert is magic. This magic is even more when you are carrying a muzzleloader.

The times of Finaughty, Neumann, and Baldwin comes to life.

The Springbuck is a lovely, lovely little antelope.

Heinrich!?
Springbuck, if you'r lucky will dress out 20-24lb (9-11kg). Don't get the American's all worked up!
Oscar

Oscar,
So do you know these bad boys of Pretoria...The
Stoltz, Titus&Heinrich.
snake-eyes :hmm:

Very cool! It's neat to see what other hunters are doing in far away places. :hmm:

Titus said:
Kirrmeister, Heinrich and I are brothers (by blood) and hence hunting colleauges... :v He was the lucky one, he got the German name and surname, I only got the surname... :haha: :haha:

After Titus Flavius Vespasianus? :hmm:

Oh, btw Heinrich,congratulations. :bow:
:hatsoff:

Outstanding and some very nice photos too. Is that some sort of fence or electric wires of some nature in the backgrond in the next to the last pic? Looks wicked.

snake-eyes said:
Oscar,
So do you know these bad boys of Pretoria...The
Stoltz, Titus&Heinrich.
snake-eyes :hmm:
Everybody that is active in Muzzleloading in SA know Heinrich and Izak. Great guys :thumbsup: But bad enemies. Like to have them on my side :surrender: Can ride the river with them.

Back