• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spring Training 2016

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valen

36 Cal.
Reaction score
This weekend was my group's annual spring training event. Every year my regiment gathers in Mid Michigan to train for the coming reenacting season. We portray Jonathon Bagley's 3rd Massachusetts Provincial Regiment as it fought in the French and Indian war.
CXNrB5J.jpg

We spend the morning marching and drilling.
AAsrryn.jpg

SNfjLOu.jpg

In the afternoon we practiced firing volleys in formation.
ypBnK7L.jpg

CKEeTi7.jpg

afterwards our intrepid grenadier led the assault on the tavern
lEM7zUF.jpg

and here's me as a Corporal in the Ranger company.
H5LzsZ9.jpg

Looks like you guys had some fun. Also looks like Spring hasn't quite made it up there yet.

Eric Krewson said:
Looks like fun, unfortunately, I lost interest in marching and drilling when uncle Sam let me go home in 1969.
:hatsoff: to them what do it. I love to watch it, but marched a life times worth in the navy.

How come all the uniforms look different ? Wasn't
there a standad pattern?

Somewhere between 15 and 50 depending on how many we can round up for the weekend.

They are all made on a standard pattern. Some of the guys in the first pic are wearing their coats buttoned up and some open. Some of use are in the Ranger company and have the tails cut off our coats. The headgear varies a little bit too

Got a couple up today over in "Clothing - 1770s border VA militia outfit"

One thing I'm finding about being on the staff is that it's hard to get photos haha. My girlfriend took a couple when she visited

Thanks man. I saw them. Looking sharp there fella. One of the most fun parts of this hobby is continually updating and changing as we learn more about ourselves and history.

Hope you can make it up to Ohio to meet some fellow members and myself this year. We'll be around Upper Sandusky this fall.

valen said:
They are all made on a standard pattern. Some of the guys in the first pic are wearing their coats buttoned up and some open. Some of use are in the Ranger company and have the tails cut off our coats. The headgear varies a little bit too

Yes, the headgear varies. I see a miter for the British First Royal Grenadier regiment among the tricorns and jockey caps.

Back