• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Snowshoe bunny

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flintlock

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Last day of rabbit season here in Mn. and the temps hit a balmy 11 degrees with a 15mph wind. Donned a few layers of colonial clothing, grabbed extra mittens and hat put on winter mocs and Ojibwa style snowshoes and hit the trail. Snow was anywhere from 12-18 inches probably deeper in the low spots and drifts. Really out of shape and only covered about three quarters of a mile today but felt great to be outside in this heat wave ( two days before it was -33 ) only saw one rabbit ( no other critters except a crow sighted today ) head shot at about 25 yards with a .440 roundball out of my riflegun and back home to the cabin. I'm going to make up a better blanket roll with belts instead of cordage so I can both gain access and put away my matchcoat easier. breaking trail just heats a body up too much then the wind from along the lake cuts chills you to the bone when you stop. All in all a nice flintlock kind of day.

Back