• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

smoking some serious pig this year

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a few bad boars, but this one smelled pretty good for a pig. I have a feeling there is a feeder off property.

Where are you hunting Relic? I'm another Florida public land guy and can attest to the difficult conditions for deer hunting here!

The last one was a quota hunt at Andrews WMA. I hit quite a few different public lands in search of hog during each season.

That's awesome! I hope to finish my current several year flinter build in time to smoke a piggy this season. Until then my Traditions "Hawken?" will have to do.

I hear you with the flintlock. I've got a sxs smooth barrel 60 cal I need to get familiar with and get us out into the woods. Some of these hogs could use a little more persuasion to drop. Best of luck with the flinter this year.

It's funny you say that, I've been working on a good PB load for my 12ga SxS Pedersoli for hunting.

sidelock said:
Do you skin your pigs or do you hot water bath and scrape?

I have had to do that, back on the farm in Indiana, but we did it to make cracklins, and to render out the lard. It is hard work and it stinks real bad. The hide makes good leather with distinctive marks where the hair was......robin :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back