• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smoke 'em If You Got 'em

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzatte

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I have seen several references in the Smooth Bore forum, and maybe a couple in the Gun Makers forum to The French Trade Gun in North America 1662-1759 by Kevin Gladysz. Sadly this excellent reference book is out of print with used copies going for around $200.00 US.

I took it upon myself to contact Mowbray Publishing and ask if the publisher has any plan to bring the book back before the public. I received a quick, businesslike answer within minutes. Mowbray has no plans to issue a new edition. This is a cryin' shame. Just thought I'd pass this along. Maybe if enough people politely contacted Mowbray, the publisher might change its mind.

How many people worldwide want to see that book back in print?

Worth firing up the printing presses?

AKA: Copying Machines.
Yeah, worth firing up the printing presses, for sure. But this is such a small time business, not like Sony or some other big time outfit, I wouldn't feel right if Kevin Gladysz didn't see a royalty check once in a while. I'm assuming he still owns copyright and intellectual property rights.

Back