• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Skinner peep sight.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boker

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Looks like skinner offers a peep for the T/C renegade.

Anyone ever tried one?

Here's one on a Tree Hawk. This is the Lo-Pro. Pretty sure the threads are 6-48. Adjustment in the front sight, drift and file.

DSC01546.JPG

DSC01551.JPG
DSC01548.JPG

Pete Davis

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. I sent a link to the sight to a friend of mine who's having increasing difficulties using open rear sights. He has the ability to D&T his gun for it.

I have one on my Renegade, screws right into the rear sight holes, I found being a bit far out on the barrel really had no ill effect on accuracy, in addition it's attatched to the barrel, so can't shift POI like a reciever sight can. I love mine.

I've used a ton of them, and have one on my renegade as well. Works best with the aperture removed being so far ahead, but it's light years ahead of the factory TC sight. I thinned out the front to a point as well.

Looking at the barrel mount for my Renegade - any adjustment needed for the stock front sight height?
I had a taller replacement with a fine bead for the front sight. It would help by going with a smaller bead over the stock sight anyway. I'll also agree that the aperature needs to be removed for hunting purposes for a good sight picture on these.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I'm going to go ahead and order one. I'd been thinking more about a TC tang sight but the barrel mount is about half the price and seems more natural to the rifle and maybe to my eyes.

Back