• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shotgun kits

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elcazador

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a supplier that offers a 12ga or 10ga percussion shotgun in a kit. Does anybody know if a supplier offers the above? single or double barrel?

Pedersoli kits are offered by Dixie Gun Works in either 10 or 12 guage double barrel guns.

These both use precussion locks. The 10 gauge barrels are 30 inches long with the left barrel a modified choke and and the right bore a cylinder bore choke.
The 12 gauge has 28 1/2 inch long barrels with the same chokes as the 10 gauge.

These kits are not cheap. Dixie is asking $465 for either one of them. They also offer these guns in finished condition with checkering on the wrist for $685.

There may be other dealers who might offer the Pedersoli kits at a better price, but I don't know of them.

If your wanting a flintlock, you might consider a Brown Bess or one of the other smooth bore guns.
Of course, they wont mount, point or swing like a shotgun but it wouldn't be the first time in history that they were used for fowling.
They will be cylinder bored and of slightly unusual gauge size. For instance the .75 caliber Bess would be an 11 guage and the .69 caliber guns are 14 guage.

Back