• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shotgun barrel for my renegade?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ran up on an Armisport 20 ga. barrel at the flea market. It dropped in, without the lock, but the wedge wouldn't line up. I tapped the tenon out of the dovetail and rotated it 180 degrees and it lined up. I had to make a small end mill cut on the snail, to get it to fit over the lock plate. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet.

An old pitted barrel could be bored out to .620, if you don't find anything.

hadden west said:
An old pitted barrel could be bored out to .620, if you don't find anything.
That's what I did,
A rusted barrel cost me 50, then I sent it off to Robert Hoyt and had it bored out to 62 smoothy, that was about $80 total for shipping and his work.

A now closed outfit Toledo barrel, made a 12ga drop in,, but those are going near $400 now-a-days if you can find one. :youcrazy:

Check with Tip Curtis Frontier Shop Cross Plains Tn. He did have some Green Mountain smooth bore barrels in stock. I bought a 62 cal off of him awhile back. Tip runs a ad in the back of Muzzle Blast magazine :thumbsup:

Back