• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shot my 36 at 4 o clock this afternoon.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crow#21957

50 Cal.
Reaction score
I only fired 3 shots. Sights were just a little hard to see. Need a wider front sight and black not silver. Here's a couple pics. Only 25 yards over the hood of my car. No rest other that my elbows on the hood. CTC 11/16 in.
I'm happy. And the ball and patch was a easy push down the barrel. 350 ball. ,35 gr fff
Patch I'm not sure other than pillow tic and talo lube. At bottom right that is a screw in the target.

Attachments

• IMG_20230403_165454.jpg
    IMG_20230403_165454.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20230403_165442.jpg
    IMG_20230403_165442.jpg
    456.8 KB · Views: 0
Only 25 yards but I'm happy with it. Hope to get better. That's the first 3 shots I have fire from this gun. I built it about 10 weeks ago. Is there a rule of thumb for like if you file front sight down 1/8th in how much will it raise poi

Last edited:
If you’re trying to lower the impact you need a taller front sight. Filing it will raise the POI. I’m assuming that three shot group is shooting high but the two random shots appear low. You can file your rear sight to lower POI or raise the front one. Vise versa for raising POI.

Last edited:
I only fired 3 shots. Sights were just a little hard to see. Need a wider front sight and black not silver. Here's a couple pics. Only 25 yards over the hood of my car. No rest other that my elbows on the hood. CTC 11/16 in.
I'm happy. And the ball and patch was a easy push down the barrel. 350 ball. ,35 gr fff
Patch I'm not sure other than pillow tic and talo lube. At bottom right that is a screw in the target.
good shooting

That's right about what I was getting but tried a thinner patch. Loaded easier and grouped tighter.

Looks very promising to me, Crow. Indeed, a little sight work can make all the difference, as well as a different color.

I always shoot at least 100 rounds before adjusting sites. Just my way.
I agree. Don't go filing just yet. Have some fun shooting the rifle, changing loads, patches, lubes etc and keep a record of what shoots best. THEN make whatever sight adjustments you need. Even changing lube can have an impact on how the rifle shoots.

Back