• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I’m Ready

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New Hampshire Muzzle loader deer season opens Saturday morning..,I’m ready. I took the 45 caliber half stock percussion rifle I made in 1981 to the range this afternoon to make sure it was still sighted in. Nothing special but I purchased the best barrel Dixie Gun Works had at that time, tuned the lock and used a broken kit stock that was given to me. Here is my 50 yard group which is about twice as far as you can see in the forest of New Hampshire. The low shot was the first to clear out a years worth of old oil. The other five are good except the last shot which was a little high. The load is 60 grains of 3F, .445 round ball and pillow ticking patch. We will see!

Attachments

• 46974482-3ED1-45EA-8A11-F489360E25AE.jpeg
    46974482-3ED1-45EA-8A11-F489360E25AE.jpeg
    808.2 KB · Views: 4
Also called the fouling shot.
I knew that now that you mention it. At 75+ things leave my mind without saying goodby or saying when they will be back!! I went out twice yesterday, once in the morning and again in the evening, saw nothing but tracks. Today is family day and I work on Mondays so I’ll head out again Tuesday morning.

Back