• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

shooting box,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well i asked here to see some shooting boxes trying to get some ideas, but i didn't get the first photo. so i took my 100 year old box and did my own thing. my brother who is a self taught master carpenter, he added the wood supports under the lid cause it was slightly cracked, and built me the tray insert. it looks and works well. my photos aren't real sharp but the idea is there,,,,,,,,,,,,
_MG_5776.JPG
_MG_5768.JPG
shooting box (2).JPG
_MG_5777.JPG
_MG_5770.JPG

Good source for old looking boxes to make shooting box from is yard sales , flea mkts. , grandma's attic , barn , tool shed. Most times these treasures are just waiting for a m/l shooter to repurpose them. They usually have patina near impossible to recreate. Add an internal shelf w/dividers , some good ,old looking hinges, and an antler handle on top...................Master piece........oldwood

well i asked here to see some shooting boxes trying to get some ideas, but i didn't get the first photo. so i took my 100 year old box and did my own thing. my brother who is a self taught master carpenter, he added the wood supports under the lid cause it was slightly cracked, and built me the tray insert. it looks and works well. my photos aren't real sharp but the idea is there,,,,,,,,,,,,
View attachment 43425View attachment 43426View attachment 43427View attachment 43429View attachment 43430
Thats a super nice setup. I use an old fishing tackle box I found in an antique shop for $30. I thought it was a good deal.
20200918_184118.jpg
20200918_184050.jpg

James T nice box, but if it were mine, I’d replace the Phillips Head Screws with slotted head.
Haha. Thats funny. Phillips heads screws bother the heck out of me as well. But this is just my range box for sighting in , plinking and having fun. When in the field I try to shoot from the bag as historically correct as possible. You have to admit thats a helluva box for $30 tho. I actually am proud of it.
James

View attachment 43425View attachment 43426View attachment 43427View attachment 43429View attachment 43430
WOW, WOW, WOW! now I for one rely like the fact that you REPOURPOSED THE BOX!! it will pass muster as an original box for the purpose of holding your MUZZLELOADING SUPPLIES. especially the fact that you have 3 compartments for 3 different size of balls, as well as other essecories.!!

Latest posts

Back