• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sharron barrel company

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cash

32 Cal
Reaction score
Picked up a 54 cal percussion hawkin style rifle with a sharron barrel any info on this company are they supposed to be good it look like brand new and it’s very heavy has a l&r lock on it

Sharron was a good barrel button rifled I believe, they went out of business years ago. I believe they were as good if not better than Douglas barrels, their hayday was in the 70’s maybe out as far as the early 80’s. L&R locks are solid locks No mud on them for sure.

Sharon became Montana Brl then Orien .Jerry Cunningham all along I believe , Why anyone would want to make a Hawken Ive no idea . I made two but think them too heavy . Jerry & Harrison used to haul tons of barrels to friendship shoots . Very witty proper gentleman they are , Jerry particularly philosophic I visited the shop one time two big box cars and a modest shack . I bought a lot of his barrels sent to UK & NZ . he brought seconds nobody in their right mind wanted so he gave them me and they all ended up good guns some had' Junk' or' trash' wriitten on them so underneath the barrel Ide engrave " Finest selected Montana barrel 5$ reject ' and a short English lock carbine has' Trash' underneath . The lock plate and cock & Steel where given me by Jim Chambers. I think it was for singing a ditty its was Jager style but I made it with the older' English lock' with dog instead of French the stock was a waster from Bob Lepley it had a shake so ill suited for any us style . But I hid the shake under the slideing tool box lid and its been good as gold F ship was often a long hot dull dusty grind for traders and my antics like hopeless juggleing and verse was it seemed a pleasant relief for them stuck in a booth . One time working in with Ackerman A fellow sells him a pile of gun locks one was an Ottoman miguelet but the seller gave it me .He said ' I like your demeaner ' When you got charm you got charm. I suppose.& its now wedded to a Turkish piece many years since.. Pic hopefully shews the English lock carbine made up from three gracious rejects or seconds . In a booth opposite was the original carbine and I just took pics & dims to make it. Ime stood on a rather chilly mountain one June in the local Richmond ranges .
Rudyard.

1695331181182.png

1695331167432.png

1695330540649.png

1695330525687.png

Latest posts

Back