• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Sharps Rifle or Carbine

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sound Tribe

40 Cal
Reaction score
I am in the market for an 1863 Sharps Sporting rifle or a Cavalry carbine model. One that is a shooter, works properly, and in great cosmetic shape.

Larry Flees or similar breach block modification would be a huge plus.
Not as interested in the Infantry or Berdan models, unless have the modifications and priced well

Mainly looking for:
1863 Sharps Sporting Rifle
or
1859,1862,1863 Sharps Cavalry Carbines

Prefer a Shiloh model first and a Pedersoli second over any other types... like new in the box would be ideal

I am able to purchase with pretty much any payment methods but also have some interesting long guns and revolvers for partial trades

Last edited:
A Palmetto Colt repro Revolving Carbine would be great too 😂

Would entertain other civil war era breach loading carbines or other revolving carbine/rifles

Last edited:
Well I happen to have a Maynard Model 2 in shooting condition with brass, Maynard tool, loading tool and a spare nipple I plan on selling.

I just got the brass in today, loaded one up and shot it after I spent a few hours cleaning the fire channel to prepare it for firing. Went bang and I am pleased as punch.

If you are interested send me a PM and we can iron out the details.

Well I happen to have a Maynard Model 2 in shooting condition with brass, Maynard tool, loading tool and a spare nipple I plan on selling.

I just got the brass in today, loaded one up and shot it after I spent a few hours cleaning the fire channel to prepare it for firing. Went bang and I am pleased as punch.

What caliber is that, just curious!

Hey guys, I hoping you can help me with sourcing a gun again as you have in the past when I was looking for a new ROA

I am now in the market for a carbine, mainly a Civil War era gun that is a good shooter, in good shape, and works properly. Reproductions are fine. I would also be interested in some long barrel "Buntline" style revolvers or pistols with stocks, takedown carbines

For example:
Maynard Carbine (2nd model), Smith, Sharps, Burnside, Starr, any Revolving Carbines, etc

Let me know what you have and I am either willing to buy or add some items in for partial trades

Any help/information directing me to a source for one of these would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
I have a Smith carbine and a bunch of plastic cartridges....also some cast bullets. The gun is in great shape.

What caliber is that, just curious!
the brass was loaded with a slightly larger bullet for a solid seat
I found that I can use a .530 roundball with the brass if I use a loading lever. Shaves a nice ring and the bullets are solid set. I had to paper patch some TC .50 Maxi Hinters. I used the 275 grain round. I got a better result with the roundball. I suspect if I had the proper ammo it would work even better. :)

Shot it a bit this morning. Needs a new sight, but those can be easily found.

I saw that thread and I believe I sent you a PM a while back about it and you replied but I think my 2nd message never was fully sent. It's still there typed out! Anyways I just saw you create the new thread and good to hear about the upgrades for it and that it's shooting well. I will definitely keep this in mind, mostly need time to appropriate the funds, otherwise I'd be all over this

Thank you for putting me in the right direction!

Last edited:
I am still in the market for a Sharps mainly...a 45 caliber sporting model full length rifle would be great but also would entertain carbine models

Last edited:
Hopefully, I am not too late to the dance. I have a Poultney & Trimble Smith's Carbine as well as a Sharp's carbine for paper cartridges. However, it does not have the Hahn or Flees breech block work. I took both of them in trade six years ago and haven't had the time to work with them due to work and life priorities.

Hopefully, I am not too late to the dance. I have a Poultney & Trimble Smith's Carbine as well as a Sharp's carbine for paper cartridges. However, it does not have the Hahn or Flees breech block work. I took both of them in trade six years ago and haven't had the time to work with them due to work and life priorities.
Sending a PM

Resurrecting this thread

I am still in the market for a Sharps. Sporting model rifle or 59/63 Carbine

anything with a Flees or Hahn modification would be great

Last edited:
Sent you a PM but I am referring to the percussion models, that uses either 54 or 45 caliber black powder paper cartridges

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Pedersoli carbine in new condition with the Flees mod and have been thinking about selling it, will PM you to discuss.

Attachments

• IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
I knew it was going to be sketchy when I offered it to you, kind of seems strange that I've seen Shiloh BL actually for sale on here with no issue, and then boom all of a sudden somebody has a problem with one???

I knew it was going to be sketchy when I offered it to you, kind of seems strange that I've seen Shiloh BL actually for sale on here with no issue, and then boom all of a sudden somebody has a problem with one???
This is The Muzzleloading Forum. Only firearms made prior to 1865, their replicas, AND use a separate percussion cap, are allowed.
This is plainly stated in our rules, which I implore all to read.

TMF has over 2100 members, and over 2.5 million posts. We have no way of monitoring all of them.

If you see something, say something.

Latest posts

Back