• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Screw drive kit recommendations for Pietta & Uberti repro pistols

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you just want a few, specifically for those pistols, you won't have to spend a fortune. I'd tell any new young man, if you're interested in guns, invest in a GOOD set of screwdrivers while young! Some places sell sets just for the Colt SAA, etc.

If brownell is sold out either find another reputable company or wait until Brownell has them. I can;t give you a number of how many messed up screws I have seen just because a screwdriver that didn't fit the screws were used. Cheap screwdrivers do more harm than good.

If brownell is sold out either find another reputable company or wait until Brownell has them. I can;t give you a number of how many messed up screws I have seen just because a screwdriver that didn't fit the screws were used. Cheap screwdrivers do more harm than good.
Yup. You want ones marketed & targeted at the Gun Trade!

Re: screw driver set. I ordered a wheeler off amazon for ??? $29.00 ?? works perfect. More bits than I could likely ever use.

Re: ASM, my lil 1849 .31 pocket is cool as heck ASM. BUT for a good time on a long lonely boring weekend just try to find a nipple. 3 week search (including sending one to TOW for no match) and finally a members neighbor made me one for like $30.00. Excellent gun though, one of my favorites. FUN😶‍🌫️ but they can bounce back at ya. Never tried 4f yet (cuz it will kill me) but will do so soon and you can read the Obit to see how that went.

As long as you're shopping for a screwdriver set, you might want to add this one for your percussion revolvers. Very handy to take to the range/field. Fits all the screw slots for the Colt SAA and percussion revolvers I've tried. Haven't tried it on a Remington. But will likely work with those too. Works with an original R&S revolver also. You can usually find them for sale on Ebay for about $10.00

Rick
DSC00597 (Medium).JPG
DSC00598 (Medium).JPG

I’ve had a Brownell’s set for 40+ years. I use a drum in a Dremel to narrow blades for the Brownell’s if I need a narrower blade. The small drum or wheel allows you to create a hollow ground blade that is unlikely to slip.

Back