• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Scottish flintlock pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone have any experience with the all steel Scottish flintlock pistol being sold by the Discrimminating General?

Not by DG, but I just bought the RHR Murdoch from Middlesex and it is sweet! (look for my posting in this section). And the touch hole was already drilled. Pete checks 'em out before shipping 'em out.
I've looked at pictures of the DG pistol, and it seems a bit cruder than Middlesex's.
I also know Loyalist Arms sells one, it too is a bit rougher looking than Middlesex's, costs more too.
:redthumb:

Mike, I have one that I got about 10 or so years ago from Dixie. It came unvented and I had it drilled.I have fired it with paper or aluminum bullets many times but have never fired a live round from it.I guess I'm still a little skittish although the resident gunsmith with Dixie told me he had fired live rounds and they had not received any complaints.It takes a very small flint and I always used 3F with 4F priming.If you fire it I would suggest laying it on or between 2 tires or some similar material and using a very long string and a light load at first gradually increasing the powder charge. Mine is about .54 cal. but I don't know about any others.
Tom Patton :results:

What caliber are these pistols. I don't see it on the websites? I have seen 2 of the pistols carried in some pictures and only one in others. What would the norm be? A

I have two pair of these that I got from Middlesex. One pair is the Murdoch copy, the other is the Military version. I have only shot the Military ones, and one calipers at .509 and the other at .512. Middlesex says the calibers vary from 50 to 52. I use 35 grains of 2f goex, .490 balls and double .10 patches. I have had no problems. Pete inspects each gun he sells to insure proper function. His prices are really reasonable also. :m2c:

Latest posts

Back