• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

RWS CAPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought a new to me Uberti Dragoon. Both CCI #10 and Remington #11 caps fall right off the niples....
ANYone experienceing this with UBERTI?
anybody know if RWS caps are smaller?????

I did find out that FIOCCHI caps fit the nipples but have been informed that they havent made caps for 2 years now...

HELP! ( I know I can replace the nipples...but I wann shoot this cannon)

Giving them a slight pinch won't help? Whenever I found a cap was slightly bigger than the nipple, I just pinched it a little and kept right on shooting. :idunno:

be cautious with loose-fitting caps on a revolver, a likely cause of chainfire.
I have pinched 11's to fit on the nipples of my '58 and shot some but got 10's as soon a possible.

Try Remington #10's for that revolver. They work on all 5 of my revolvers.

If nothing else works, try 10 3/4 size RWS. It's the "in-between" size that sometimes is needed.

If you're going to shoot this thing a lot, then replace the nipples with Treso's if the #10 Remingtons won't do the job!

Dave
NRA Expert, Muzzleloading Pistol

Nope...Remington 10's fall right off also...
this Uberti Dragoon was made in 2007 and was never fired... It has the original nipples...
I cant figger it? all my other 10 revolvers do fine with Remington 10 caps....some are uberti and some pietta even one ASM.

SO....the RWS CAPS ARE CONSIDERED 10 3/4's ??
guess I am gonna have to get new nipples...
Now thats a weird thing for a grey haired 55 year
old Hillbilly to say!

I've published this before - it's a sticky on some other forums (Claude - you have my permission to put it in the Member Resources area if you wish):
CapSizes.jpg

The above data are the averages of at least 20 samples of each brand and 'size' shown. Two things need to be kept in mind:

1) The inside diameter measurement is very difficult to make with a vernier caliper. Every such measurement was done several times (never less than 3 times) and I used the most 'popular' result for that particular cap. And then did the same for at least 20 samples of that brand and 'size'. I suggest the error term for this measurement is probably on the order of 0.002" to as much as 0.004" for any given cap.

2) These measurements vary considerably from lot to lot, especially the inside diameter. That is, you don't get 3 decimal place precision for 4 cents a unit. Others who have attempted to duplicate/refute these numbers reported significant differences in different lots, and I have seen the same thing in my own shop.

One more comment - obviously the numbers are meaningless when comparing cap sizes. CCI No. 10's are not even close to Remington No. 10's, and the Remington No. 11 is actually considerably smaller than their No. 10!

Just don't get them pierced cause it don't look right at a Rondy :idunno: :rotf: :haha: :shocked2: :nono: :)

Yea smokin 50....I know you had yours pierced and everyone Laughed !!!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :blah:
and I Wont even mention where you had that
tattoo of CHATTANOOGA CHOO CHOO put on :rotf:

I don't know how this would work on an Uberti, whether it has different sized nipples than a Pietta. However, I found that RWS 1075's work perfectly on my Pietta 1858.

Latest posts

Back