• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rules and definitions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should try the sister forum, generally speaking much more affable characters. Mind you there's 2 or 3 that have joined in the past 6 months that would be better suited here.
I'd visit there instead of here if more traditional shooters were there.

You should try the sister forum, generally speaking much more affable characters. Mind you there's 2 or 3 that have joined in the past 6 months that would be better suited here.
I'd visit there instead of here if more traditional shooters were there.
I joined and am a supporting member of both forums. Most guys here are really nice but there are a couple of stuffed shirts that get all beside themselves when things aren't the way they think. I would not name them as that would be inconsiderate but you'll know soon enough who they are.

I joined and am a supporting member of both forums. Most guys here are really nice but there are a couple of stuffed shirts that get all beside themselves when things aren't the way they think. I would not name them as that would be inconsiderate but you'll know soon enough who they are.
I can just about bet money anytime that when a thread is going south there are the same people in my lead box involved.

In my personal experience this is a great forum. Try one of the forums with a bunch of young guys who all think their "gun" is bigger than yours. Mostly very helpful people here.
I agree that is why i became a supporting member. But what I don't care for is individuals that think their way is the only way and every other way is wrong. i've been at this muzzleloading game for over 50 years. I still pick up a thing or two for this forum and the sister forum. I shoot all kinds of muzzleloaders and don't limit myself to traditionals even though I have a pile of them. If fact I have 2 that came to my friends house and I haven't even seen them yet and won't until I get back home the end of this month. I love the elegance and nostalgia of them but that's not going to stop me from enjoying my other front stuffers.

A big plus that I see happening is more and more new to the trad side coming over and participating here. They are easy to spot and mostly appreciate the help available here.

A negative aspect of this is that some of our harder nosed members seem to consider it an intrusion but they are a clearly a small group.

I use the ignore on certain Billy Bob types that I find way annoying. Uk, Australia and New Zealand people tend to get it. There are others. Makes things more pleasant. Super snarky, know it alls get it.
Yep, I’d venture to say that some who make snarky comments aren’t intentionally trying to do so, they just quickly type something up that sounds good to them without considering how the context will be taken. Either way it’s annoying. But a small problem on an otherwise great forum.

I break rules now and then because I also use modern fire arms. No inlines though, I hate the things.
The reason is many things apply to the ML game such as making the perfect cast bullet so when I cast balls, they are also the best I can get.
I also think there can be too many rules and enjoy this site no matter what a member talks about.
Being a good person and a good sportsman is what counts.

Personally I think the name of this forum is misleading and ambiguous.
Firearms in use up to the end of the civil war, may be discussed, but mention any thing regarding reloading metallic cartridges and it’s deleted, heck that definition includes several early examples of fixed, rim fired cartridges.
If it’s history was rooted in the use of black powder it should be allowed, if not, limit the forum to “MuzzleLoading” smooth bores, rifles and single shot pistols only. You’ll please some members, lose others. Just saying.

Yep, I’d venture to say that some who make snarky comments aren’t intentionally trying to do so, they just quickly type something up that sounds good to them without considering how the context will be taken. Either way it’s annoying. But a small problem on an otherwise great forum.
I think there should be a rule that Snarky comments be limited to no more than eight words and must contain at least two special characters.

All who agree raise #your@ hands.

After reading the "Terms and Rules" at the bottom of this page I thought I had an understanding of this forum. Because of this there was a discussion in the Unmentionables post where there was a difference of opinion between myself and a couple other members.
Apparently there was a thread by Zonie back in 2018 in the "Forum Announcements and Help" section with an entire different set of rules! That was a section that I have never looked at because I didn't need any help and frankly that thread I don't think would have ever popped up had I because it was way back in 2018.
After repeated request I finally got an answer from a moderator that clarified the discussion so I'm satisfied with his clarification. I'm sorry but after spending my entire career reading and explaining US Government specifications to different contractors I take the words to mean exactly what they read and the way it is written the "General Muzzleloading" section appears to mean you can discuss other types of muzzleloaders that don't fall into the category of preflintlock, flintlock or percussion. I was told that this is not the case.
I hope I didn't leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth but in reality I try to be a good guy. I'm a God fearing Christian, husband, father, grandfather and loyal friend. God bless and I will succumb to the rules of this forum in the future.
I do understand your point and will offer an alternative view.
I have negotiated several contracts with large companies and there is always a grey area on purpose. This is to give both parties some flexibility in certain areas.
On any forum, I take the rules with a grain of salt there have been a couple that I've abandoned because their rules are just
stringent, but this isn't one of them.

Latest posts

Back