• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rondi pics

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Weeks

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I would like to share some photos that I took at the American River Muzzle Loaders, Spring Rondezvous. The weather was off and on rain showers, with temps in the upper 60's. We had a good time hunting turkeys, playing games, eating, smoking, and shooting the breeze, in between storms.

Once the weather broke, we did some shooting on the trail walk.

sleepyhunters.jpg

Two very tired turkey hunters.

P4120057.jpg

Some of the girls were selling home made cookies and treats, to all the camps.

writingboard.jpg

A employment notice, written with quill pen, and indian ink, sealed with a wax stamp.

applecobbler.jpg

One nights dessert. Apples, brown sugar, and mollasses, baked in a dutch oven.

barrels.jpg

The colonial wetbar, wine, rum, and water.

smoothboreload.jpg

Loading a smoothbore.

P4130090.jpg

Making the smoothbore talk.

gregfireinthehole.jpg

A serious flash in the pan!

Welcome to the forum,looks like a fun shoot, where was it at? And don't it rain at every rendezvous?! :rotf:

Looks like you had a great time. thanks for sharing. :hatsoff: :hatsoff:

Thanks,

The location was at the Spenceville Wildlife refuge, which is just East of Marysvile CA.
About 1 1/2 hours N/E of Sacramento.

Very nice and great pics. Get a good impression of the event.

Greetings from Germany

Hi Greg, great pictures. I love the tired turkey hunters, although tired turkeys would have worked for those two! Here are a few I took at the rendezvous. Matt

p3240035kv8.jpg

p3250095ja7.jpg

p3250084ut9.jpg

p3250104qd1.jpg

p3250116yg9.jpg

Nice pics Matt,

Who is that handsome guy taking a nap? (wink) :thumbsup:
Doesn't he know, that's when hostiles always attack.

Greg

Back