• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Replaced the Hand in my Rogers and Spencer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The last time I took my Euroarms of America Rogers and Spencer revolver shooting, I managed to chip the tip off the hand, rendering the gun useless. Since EOA has been out of business for several years sourcing a replacement could be challenging. The only website I found that even listed a replacement was S&S Firearms, but they were out of stock. Dixie has a couple R&S spare parts but no hands.

The revolver in question:

Rogers_Spencer_L.jpg

Broken hand on the left:

broken-hand.jpg

I might have the broken hand built up with a TIG welder and then dress it to shape in case I need it in the future.

After I bought the gun a number of years ago, I put together a spare parts kit which included a hand. I installed it today, but first I made a detailed drawing of it in case it ever needs to be replicated.

I'm sharing these for the benefit of my fellow Rogers and Spencer fans. The drawing of the hand was done by tracing around it. Quarter provided for scale.

rogers-spencer-hand1.jpg

Pic with a different angle for the hand:

rogers-spencer-hand2.jpg

Perhaps I was lucky but it required no fitting. The cylinder rotates and locks up nicely. I took it to the range afterwards and put 5 or 6 full cylinders through it.

Also, detail stripping and reassembly was made with the help of these two videos:

Latest posts

Back