• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD ROA

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
ROA excellent condition, $650.00 + $30.00 S&H to lower 48 where allowed

Attachments

• IMG_2746.jpg
    IMG_2746.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_2744.jpg
    IMG_2744.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 0
Will you ship via an FFL? Michigan requires it for this gun. I of course will pick up any additional expense this causes.

I see no reason extra expenses on my end
I accept Postal Money Order, cashier check, will even take personnel but there is the clearing time no reason why it should cost

Mi did at one time but I don't think they have for a while. The current political atmosphere is kind of sketchy though and new rules are set to kick in Jan 1st 2024 unless some court rules against them. I have bought a few in the last few years and no transfer either at a gun show or an FFL shop.

Well if this were some time other than Christmas I could do it. But the CFO put the kai-bosh on this. Sorry Packrat!

As for shipping, I spent some time not too many months ago researching the laws in Michigan. And as I read them, the vast majority of BPs/MLs can simply be mailed. But any gun that can be easily converted to cartridge (defined as kits readily available) must go through an FFL. Whether it's been converted or not. I also checked with my local gun shop and they agreed.

I'm sure where there's confusion like this there are honest mistakes being made. Except in Lansing where all mistakes are intentional.

I am surprised; the way I read this thread this ROA was already sold. Oh well, I am freshly out of the market. Good luck.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. Christmas can be a rough time Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Harpy New Year
Yeah! I wasn't aware that this year I'm also paying for our daughters, one in Denver the other in Baltimore, to come here with their broods. There went a couple of grand.

Well maybe next time!

Mi did at one time but I don't think they have for a while. The current political atmosphere is kind of sketchy though and new rules are set to kick in Jan 1st 2024 unless some court rules against them. I have bought a few in the last few years and no transfer either at a gun show or an FFL shop.
Actually, the new law, HB4138, is supposed to start 01/01/2024 as you state but some of the provisions they can't get ready to fly on that date so implementation has been delayed until 03/01/2024. Several aspects of this law are so draconian that I am thinking of not renewing my FFL. Especially, the need to obtain a gun purchase permit for any firearm purchase -- handgun and long gun. And having a CPL no longer helps in a firearm purchase ever since Michigan passed recreational pot....since pot is still Federal illegal so all purchases need an NICS check, which will now be handled by the LEO's who issue the purchase permit (per the MI State Police who currently handle the paperwork of a pistol purchase - MSP RI-060 Pistol Sales Record Form) ...even though as of late October the LEO's here had no plans or forms in place for firearm purchase permits...part of the reason for the delay to 03/01/2024. I wonder if they will require fingerprinting for a purchase permit and whether you need an appointment for the NICS check and if/what they will charge for that service. Some jurisdictions could limit, restrict, or outright refuse to issue purchase permits due to staffing issues. Not unlike they did during COVID ...

As for shipping BP handguns to MI, they all have to go through an FFL. Long guns do not. Used to be that all BP firearms could be shipped direct to buyer but that changed during COVID....and may change again when HB4138 kicks in as that law does not exclude BP firearms of any kind. The new definition of a firearm in that law is quite ambiguous which, as someone said above, in Lansing these things are intentional. And while it excludes "curios" there is no exemption for "replicas" which currently exists...
"Old South Firearms" has up to date information on their shipping page. It is a good resource and not just for Michigan.
Link = Old South Firearms, LLC

Thanks to the D's controlling all 3 chambers after the 2022 election, all kinds of antigun laws are being thrown around....including banning BB guns for the under 12 crowd. The new gun storage provisions are going to be a pain especially for the brick n mortar gun stores and anyone who has children in the house OR if children visit..as I said, draconian.
There were 2 other bills that kick in if HB4138 passed -- which it did -- and they are HB4142 & HB4143 - these are basically add-ons to HB4138.
Here's a link for your reading "pleasure" ... esp if you want to feel sick... use the PDF under "Public Act" heading --and there's a PDF for each of the 3 Bills
https://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(g...g.aspx?page=getObject&objectname=2023-HB-4138

Actually, the new law, HB4138, is supposed to start 01/01/2024 as you state but some of the provisions they can't get ready to fly on that date so implementation has been delayed until 03/01/2024. Several aspects of this law are so draconian that I am thinking of not renewing my FFL. Especially, the need to obtain a gun purchase permit for any firearm purchase -- handgun and long gun. And having a CPL no longer helps in a firearm purchase ever since Michigan passed recreational pot....since pot is still Federal illegal so all purchases need an NICS check, which will now be handled by the LEO's who issue the purchase permit (per the MI State Police who currently handle the paperwork of a pistol purchase - MSP RI-060 Pistol Sales Record Form) ...even though as of late October the LEO's here had no plans or forms in place for firearm purchase permits...part of the reason for the delay to 03/01/2024. I wonder if they will require fingerprinting for a purchase permit and whether you need an appointment for the NICS check and if/what they will charge for that service. Some jurisdictions could limit, restrict, or outright refuse to issue purchase permits due to staffing issues. Not unlike they did during COVID ...

As for shipping BP handguns to MI, they all have to go through an FFL. Long guns do not. Used to be that all BP firearms could be shipped direct to buyer but that changed during COVID....and may change again when HB4138 kicks in as that law does not exclude BP firearms of any kind. The new definition of a firearm in that law is quite ambiguous which, as someone said above, in Lansing these things are intentional. And while it excludes "curios" there is no exemption for "replicas" which currently exists...
"Old South Firearms" has up to date information on their shipping page. It is a good resource and not just for Michigan.
Link = Old South Firearms, LLC

Thanks to the D's controlling all 3 chambers after the 2022 election, all kinds of antigun laws are being thrown around....including banning BB guns for the under 12 crowd. The new gun storage provisions are going to be a pain especially for the brick n mortar gun stores and anyone who has children in the house OR if children visit..as I said, draconian.
There were 2 other bills that kick in if HB4138 passed -- which it did -- and they are HB4142 & HB4143 - these are basically add-ons to HB4138.
Here's a link for your reading "pleasure" ... esp if you want to feel sick... use the PDF under "Public Act" heading --and there's a PDF for each of the 3 Bills
https://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(g...g.aspx?page=getObject&objectname=2023-HB-4138
And the NRA seems to be on vacation in Michigan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back