• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Riflemans Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawkthrower

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A little over a year ago Lone Hunter and I worked a trade and I got one of his beautiful knives. I told him at the time that one of these days I would work up the nerve to do some scratching on the handles. well I finally did and I hope he doesn't think I messed up a really nice knife
Ron

I think it looks good, but if you're happy with it then that's the most important thing. Do like the phrase on it too.

Thank you gentlemen. James makes a pretty fine knife and I would not have wanted to do less than the best I am capable of on something that will remain an integral part of my kit.

Ron

Since you like that message, you will likely enjoy the legend in Latin, which is engraved upon the blade of a bone-handled fighting knife displayed at The Alamo Shrine & which was owned by a nameless member of LTC Travis's command: "Qui peccat habebit honos dormienda."
(He who offends my Honor will have a long sleep.)

yours, satx

That is great info Satx. Lonehunter is my best pupil, and Hawkthrower is pretty impressive with his work also.

OBVIOUSLY, you are as excellent a teacher of your arts, as you are a celebrated knife-smith.

CONGRADS to all 3 of you.

yours, satx

Thank you all for the kind words. Wick I hope our boy is out of harms way tonight, along with you and all the others on the East side.

Ron

He is good Ron, but the City of Deland is working his butt off right now with clean up and repair. Deland caught it pretty hard. He's had 12 hours off in the last three days. I had no damage at all here on the river, just a lot of tree trash blown all over.

Glad to hear you guys are OK. Tell him hard work never hurt anyone but it scares the heck out of me. :thumbsup:

Ron

Hey Mike, good to hear from you. I'm the worst person in the world for keeping in touch with folks. Hope you all are well.
I better just stick to scrimshaw and leave the engraving to you my friend.

Ron

Lonehunter does make a nice knife, there's none nicer except for maybe an LRB knife. You did a fine job of fancyin' it up. :thumbsup:

Back