• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Revolver loading stand

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZUG

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm in the process making my buddy a loading stand for his new Walker clone revolver. I fashioned it after my revolver stand for my other revolvers (shown on the left). I made it out of scrap 2X6 cut-offs from a project.
P1030897.JPG
P1030897.JPG

Looks good. Hard to see in the photos, but it looks like you have a thin piece of leather to protect the barrel and butt. Does the block on the bottom support the hammer and recoil shield? Or is it notched to clear the back of the gun?

The one on the right does have leather at all contact points of the Walker- barrel, recoil shield, and at the grip area. The hammer clears the back vertical board so no slot for the hammer is needed. I left it in the "white" so that my friend will have something to do :ghostly:. The stand on the left will hold 95% of my revolvers and even my Walker but it's not as stable as the bigger one. I'm adding a leather pouch on the back to hold a round tin of lube to apply over the balls. I will take a picture when it is all done.;)

The one on the right does have leather at all contact points of the Walker- barrel, recoil shield, and at the grip area. The hammer clears the back vertical board so no slot for the hammer is needed. I left it in the "white" so that my friend will have something to do :ghostly:. The stand on the left will hold 95% of my revolvers and even my Walker but it's not as stable as the bigger one. I'm adding a leather pouch on the back to hold a round tin of lube to apply over the balls. I will take a picture when it is all done.;)
Makin me jealous!🤣

I like the thought you're obviously putting into it, well done sir.

I've been thinking of making one up myself and this thread has reactivated my interest, saving the photos for reference now.

Very nice stand! Please excuse my ignorance but what are the turned long pegs and what function do they serve?
Thanks!
One is for seating the caps if necessary and the other is a spatula for applying the lube /grease over the ball after you ram it into the cylinder - if you use a lube /grease over the ball instead of a greased wad. I like to apply some lube/grease over the ball. Everything is at hand - no need to be fishing around in a bag or box.

One is for seating the caps if necessary and the other is a spatula for applying the lube /grease over the ball after you ram it into the cylinder - if you use a lube /grease over the ball instead of a greased wad. I like to apply some lube/grease over the ball. Everything is at hand - no need to be fishing around in a bag or box.
Very great idea. Thanks for the explanation.

Back