• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Review was Friendship a bust

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friendship was founded on the idea of like minded people getting together in friendship and fellowship. That no longer exists. Friendship is run by a group of folks that do not think like the mainstream traditional folks. The easiest way to fix it would be to do away with the competition medals and championships and go back to blanket shoots with traditional equipment only. All the glory hardware seekers would go elsewhere and make their own society where they could try to be the "BEST". There does not seem to be any other way at this point to salvage any thing of the past.
Actually, the easiest thing would be to hold a huge traditional shoot out at lake of the Ozarks on the same weekends and let the modern folks have friendship and the NMLRA! The vendors would figure out where to be very quickly!

Runner said:
Actually, the easiest thing would be to hold a huge traditional shoot out at lake of the Ozarks on the same weekends and let the modern folks have friendship and the NMLRA!

Sounds like a great idea! I'd go. Where do I sign up?

That would take a little organizing! The range is there. Arraingements would have to be made. Kind of a hard thing to pull off without forming a group to do so. Just scorers for a three day shoot of any size takes a lot of people. Could it be done? Absolutely!

Well there's a bit over 6 months until the June shoot. 9 until the September shoot. Could still get 'er done...

With a shoot at Lake of the Ozarks in June, I might even be able to talk the wife and daughter into going along. They could find stuff to keep 'em occupied there, much more so than at Friendship. Neither one has any interest at all in shooting.

It's kinda far for me to drive just to help organize anything, but I get unlimited free long-distance and would be willing to make some phone calls to help set things up...

There ya go, yer first volunteer.

I'm sure there would be lots more if you're serious.

I'm not driving 500 miles to shoot at Lake of the Ozarks. Nothing against you parinoid fellas but,

Gas is $3.00 plus per gallon.

That could be why the crowd is down at Frinedship, think about it.

I am stuck like you. I am forty south of the arch and the lake is three hours for me. It would require local talent to get started. I will call a friend that lives about 10 miles from the range. Maybe he can give me the names of some of the traditional local folks.

I just put that up cause it was in Muz Blast this month and the 75 anv is comeing up in 2008 starting with the West one thats way down and you can read the near panic in some pages, Pedro is putting up the money and some neat things to do and then PUT's UP A IN- :cursing: as a big prize (anyone got a E or address to write these guys (for real) blowing the whole thing, if I could go I'd be boycotting at the same time with T shirts like Real Men use rifles grandad + greatgranddad used to shoot and dont embaressss their gun by putting it in Longhunter or something much better (that was real off the top of the head) GAS was a reason 2 of the seller's on the row gave me as reason people was down, BUT as they said its been going down since 1999, every year worse, gas wasnt 3.00 back then. It was the year they let in- :cursing: in. And I mean the powers that be said in Muzz Blast "we are putting them in Longhunter" didn't ask members at all, and down it started to go..it seems to be the mind set of the group that got in power in 1999 by mid 2003 the then prez wrote me he was getting out, now what does tha tell ya. Gas was a little of it but I got a earfull of this and tha just cost to much more now, so if ya got big boy bucks or live close....Fred :hatsoff:

I'm 3 hours North of you! Pretty close to even as far as me driving to Friendship or Lake of the Ozarks.

I haven't been to the Lake in something like 20 years. Used to be really nice country down there and, the way I remember it, there was tons of stuff to keep a person busy. Or stuff to keep the rest of the family happy while I go shootin'. :wink:

The Lake is pretty close to center of the country too. I really do think it would be an ideal place for the first annual National Traditional Muzzleloading Rifle Association blanket shoot and rondy.

Who knows, it might just take right off...

There is already a pretty big doin's out there each summer. The range is a few miles off the lake. Used to manage 1500 acres 14 miles off the lake. The range is over a mile long! I am not involved with the group out there, so I don't have any contact numbers. Finding the contact point is what I am doing now.
There is a lot of stuff for the whole family to do, but you may need a loan to pay for it all! :cursing:

Back