• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

repro Zouave question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattNH

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am looking for a zouave, Like most of us, I am on a budget, i see alot of them used on gunbroker for decent prices, alot of them are antonio zolis my question is for anybody who has one or who has owned one...how is the quality of the Zolis? do they measure up to an armi sport?

After looking around about 6 months and having all of them in my hand I decided on a Euro Arms Zouave match grade.
Won the state championships 50 meters with it and came in 4 and 6 respectivly in the nationals.
It just felt right...its heavy and solid
The others felt to light, or the nipple to small, hammer wiggled, trigger had play etc.
The one I have is about 10 years old. I don't know if they are allowed in the nssa, but I believe so.
I also have a muskatoon from Euro Arms that has all the bad points a rifle can have and a few that are immpossible to have.
I do know now, my personal choice is now Pedersoli or an original (for example Parker Hale)....I will never buy a different one again. there's a reason DP is so expensive.
Living in Europe I can go to a store that sells Pedersoli and they will repair or modify this weapon right there.
All other manufactures I have to send it in or receive parts.
If you wait a couple of days I can tell you first hand how the reclamation claims are handled bei Euroarms (which actually sounds stupid because I needed it)

I've never owned nor fired an Armi Sport Zouave so I can't comment on a comparison, but my Zoli Zouave is a very nice rifle. It's only, and I mean only, fault is the poor shooting skills of it's owner.

I've got an Armi Jager Zouave and it's got the same problem as Mikes. :grin: It required a good lock tuning to get the trigger pull to a reasonable level.

Zoli is probably one of the best as t is ussually the rifle all others are compared to. However, Armisport and Euroarms also make fine rifles. I wouldn't be afraid of any of the three.

If and when you do send me a pm and I'll send you a link to some info on doing a proper lock tune up, not a hack job.

If shooting target, if you size your bullet to bore size, the Zoli rifles are capable of suprising accuracy.
But you have to swab between shots to get your bullets down the barrel, or fowling will ruin everything.
Old Ford

Old Ford said:
If shooting target, if you size your bullet to bore size, the Zoli rifles are capable of suprising accuracy.
But you have to swab between shots to get your bullets down the barrel, or fowling will ruin everything.
Old Ford

I have the accuracy, but not the fowling problem. I am shooting an RCBS Hodgdon .578 bullet. Here is what it can do:

58calZouave.jpg

I do know that in the past, Armi Sport had problems with their products as to quality. My experience was with CAS sixguns.

The best part about finding a good accurate bullet is he shooting. I tried about half a dozen bullets in different sizes before I settled on the Hodgdon bullet.

Latest posts

Back