• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Repro Enfield rifle musket hammers ain’t right.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Repro 1853/58 Enfield rifle muskets have different hammers than the originals. Even the PH ones aren’t right. Are there correct aftermarket hammers ?

Thanks for the info. Are they difficult for fit ? I’m guessing that different rifles by different companies have their own quirks regarding compatibility.

All I've ever heard from any supplier about any reproduction rifle is that it's almost impossible to find parts that fit.

Because models/lock parts were being tweaked continuously.

Make CERTAIN that the parts are 100% compatible before plunking down your hard earned cash.

PS: I heard it's a federal offense to ship a black powder rifle hammer via USPS. Because a hammer can be easily concealed. Could be a rumor. But check it out anyway. Don't want to end up serving a life sentence for a postal violation.

While I'm on the Binnacle List I made an order with The Rifle Shoppe and this order came 14 days after phoning in the order: IMG_0384.JPG
3 - 1830 Cadet barrel springs, 1830 front barrel band, 1830 Cadet lockplate; New Land Pattern cock; 3 - 1853 Enfield hammers

If TRS has the parts in stock they will ship the parts within the week.

later, Mike

Back