• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Replacement screw set for Dragoon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nilo52

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Does Anyone Sell A replacement Screw kit For The 3rd. mod. Dragoon ? I Would Like To Replace The Old Screws On Mine. :idunno: The Previous Owner Did'nt Own A Set Of Gunsmith Screwdrivers And As A result Some Of The Screws Are "buggard" . Dixie Will Sell Them Individualy @ $3.50 ea. :shocked2: :shocked2: Nilo52

The op, nilo52, has not advised what brand of gun his Dragoon is and how old it is (date code on the frame) which might help someone to help him.

In a quick look at VTI Gun Parts it looks like there is interchangeability on some screws between Dragoons and Walkers.

Some of the old Walker replicas have very small heads on the trigger and bolt screws through the frame sides. If I recall correctly this also applies to some early Dragoon replicas. The devil is in the details.

Also, since nilo52 said some screws (not all) were damaged it might be worth trying to help those screws by tapping the buggered metal back into position, reshaping the slots, etc.

I Have A Uberti 3rd Mod. Dragoon That Originaly Sold In About 2008 It Has No Date Code That I Can Find, Only Proof Marks And The Serial #. Only A Few Screws Are Buggard. I'm Thinking I Will Take Your Advice And See If I Can "reshape" The Screw Heads Before Trying VTI. I Looked At Them And Belive They Are Indeed Interchangable. Thank's Guys For The Help !! Nilo52 :thumbsup:

I just compared the walker and dragoon screws sold by Dixie and the have differnt stock numbers...so I assume that Walker screws will Not fit a Dragoon.....reason why I I checked is that THERE IS A COMPLETE SET OF WALKER SCREWS on gunbroker listed for $9.00

One of the markings next to the two proof stamps should be a small box with some letters in it.

Those letters will give the year the gun was proofed if you know the code.

Dixie gunworks says their numbers for the 2nd & 3rd model Dragoon hammer screw is SP1858 while the Walker uses a SC0237.

The Dragoon butt screw (at the bottom of the grip) is SP1852 while the Walkers butt screw is SP0230.

The 2 backstrap screws (next to the hammer) for the Dragoon is SP1851. They don't list a replacement screw for the Walkers backstrap screws.

From this, I would say the screws are not interchangable between a Walker and a 2nd/3rd Model Dragoon.

Back