• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Recycled Paring Knife

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbullard1

36 Cal.
Reaction score
After all the birthday celebrators had left yesterday afternoon I was helping my wife clean up and ran across and old paring knife that belonged to my grandmother. The blade had been worn, filed and ground away over the years and an idea came to me "Patch Knife". I used a tiny whitetail shed antler, Filed, ground and reshaped the blade and installed the antler handle. Nothing fancy but I like it.
HPIM2113.jpg

Here it is after the handle is pinned and after a little use
HPIM2129.jpg

I've got to make a sheath for it and will use and old leather welders glove for the material

Nice looking knife, my sons patch knife is an old old hickery paring knife. Still ahve to make a new handle for it.

That's pretty neat. You could just cut a little finger off the glove and it would probably fit just fine. :hmm:

Cool! Old paring knives make very good all-around outdoor knives. I read an article several years ago by professional taxidermists and several of them used common paring knives to field dress and cape game animals such as deer, etc...they make excellent little bag knives...

Nice Knife! :thumbsup:
Mike , I heard the same. I can see why, I have a bunch of Solingen made paring knives in the drawer, easy to work with and hold an edge.

Back