• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

real black powder

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleypunk

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Is anyone here in the upstate s.c.area? I am looking for a place here that sells real black powder. Thanks.

Check out Cabela's and Bass pro Shop in your area. Both of these chains have real black powder for sale. You need to ask at the gun counter for real black powder as federal law prohibits having it on the shelves in view of the public. They have it stored in a proper "magazine" behind the counter.

if you ahve friends i suggest you order online and split the cost. youll probably pay $20.00 or more a pound through cabelas...if you can afford to buy in bulk youo can get it as low as 12.00 / lb

Never saw it that cheap in last five years but saw it for about 15.00 I get down past Back Creek every couple years and plan my trips according to their hours.

Gotta say though, I have been shooting a salute gun that is a hungry lil thing. 200 grains of cannon powder per shot. She eats some powder

The last case my boys and I got was 14 a pound by the time we paid the hazmat fee. :idunno:

I would try powder.inc on the internet. They deliver it to your door. I think tthey are very reasonable in 25 in a case. You can also buy in 5 & 10 pound lots. Hope this helps.

dave of cary said:
I would try powder.inc on the internet. They deliver it to your door. I think tthey are very reasonable in 25 in a case. You can also buy in 5 & 10 pound lots. Hope this helps.

Their prices include the shipping and Hazmat, and are reasonable. Expect to pay 50% more if you find it locally.

while making plans for a september 2017 moose hunt in Newfoundland, i thought it would be simpler to just buy my powder up there. i did find it at a Calela's after you cross into Canada, but it is $48.00 per pound! i have since found out that getting it across the border is not a problem.

blackpowder62 said:
while making plans for a september 2017 moose hunt in Newfoundland, i thought it would be simpler to just buy my powder up there. i did find it at a Calela's after you cross into Canada, but it is $48.00 per pound! i have since found out that getting it across the border is not a problem.

:rotf: Thats not right before season though!! Murphy follows many of us hunters and "by Law" that will the day they dont lettya in with BP. Buy a pound up there if need be :hmm:

Back