• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Range Table

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if I could maybe get some of y’all’s pictures and or ideas of what you use for range tables. I have a plastic fold up table, but I would like to up my game a bit. Some gentlemen in my muzzleloading group have old school wooden ironing boards and I think they are beautiful! That’s kind of the direction I want to go, but maybe someone here has some more ideas?

I have a fixed bench at 100 yds and a wooden pick-nick table, In addition, I built a portable shooting bench with foldable legs shown here in the video of me shooting my .75 Jeager.

Attachments

• IMG_7140.MOV
    21.8 MB
91398345_10157504433562875_6581741427808534528_o.jpg

if you build a bench make it tall, so you don't need to hunch over your rifle (seated). it should let you shoot in a position more like standing/hunting target/game, with open sights your cheek weld matters , if you change your mount/cheek position your sight in will/might be off. the problem is most shooting benches are made for scoped rifles so posture is not taken into account as long as eye relief is close the scoped rifle will be on.
At my club I cut wood blocks to raise the bench for open sight shooters but it is able to return to a lower for short persons or scope users. I had to add 2 2x6 on all 3 legs to raise it to my height

with that said here is a novel portable shooting bench(might need to be taller)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back