• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED Ramrod CVA Kentucky Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy to make one: dow and tips from any BP parts vendor. Or just cut down one from a longer ram rod and add the end piece you want.

Deer Creek Products has a lot of replacement parts for CVA and Traditions firearms, but I did not see that particular item while browsing their website. You may have a hard time finding a genuine, OEM (Original Equipment Manufacture) CVA Kentucky Pistol ramrod.

However, a ramrod is basically just a stick. If you just need to ram a load, any straight- grained hardwood dowel that goes in the bore will work. If you want one with a threaded tip, that will fit in the pipes under the barrel of your pistol, I would recommend that you determine the diameter and overall length of the rod that you want and go to the Gun Parts section of Track of the Wolf’s website and buy one to fit. They have twelve pages of finished rifle and pistol rods with threaded tips on both ends, made for specific mass-produced guns. While I did not see one for the CVA Kentucky pistol, maybe a rod for one of the other commercial pistols would be close enough.

If not, Track of the Wolf also sells plain, unfinished hickory rods 12-5/8” long with a threaded tip on one end, in a variety of diameters with the tips threaded either 8-32 or 10-32. Just buy one with the rod diameter and thread pitch to fit your pistol and accessories, and cut it to length yourself. Finish it or not at your pleasure.

I haven’t checked recently, but I’m pretty sure October Country makes ramrods to order with fitted, threaded tips. You might check with them, also.

You have gotten and will get a lot of advice to make your own rod, and a home craftsman with simple tools could make a near-exact duplicate of the factory ramrod from widely available parts without much difficulty. However, we understand some people in some circumstances prefer to buy readymade gear. That’s fine, but if you can’t locate a factory original ramrod for your pistol, you might need to make one, and a plain rod from Track will keep you shooting in the interim.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob

Back