• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

R.E. Davis repro Goulcher lock parts...Interchangeable across the years?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the internals from these reproduction locks built by Davis will work in original Goulcher locks?

http://redaviscompany.com/0221.html
It does say "exact" reproduction, but I've heard that line before...I have a couple of rifles with Goulcher locks that are in need of some parts.

Goulcherlock2.jpgGoulcherlock3.jpg

No, the Log Cabin in Lodi OH own Davis locks. Send your locks for them to repair at reasonable cost or ask them to select what they have and send it for you to fit. They have repaired numerous locks for me over the years, I highly recommend them.

No, the Log Cabin in Lodi OH own Davis locks. Send your locks for them to repair at reasonable cost or ask them to select what they have and send it for you to fit. They have repaired numerous locks for me over the years, I highly recommend them.
Called them today. Tina informed me that the lock parts are not interchangeable, and they do not repair antique locks. Just common locks that can be repaired with off-the-shelf parts.

Nice looking lock you have pictured. Did you try Dixie Gun Works? Interchangeable parts? Some of the modern manufacture's can't even make interchangeable parts between their own locks of the same type...

@Norman Brooks thanks, it's off an original unmarked .34 caliber, Indiana-ish styled rifle.

antique32.jpg

I do wish DGW was closer. If they were, I would just take the parts there and see if I could get close to a match. I don't know how I would ever compare parts by catalog photos without any dimensions. I wasn't hoping for a drop in fit, just something close enough that it could be made to work.

Does it have a half cock notch? I have three original half stocks and none of them have a half cock notch. Maybe you could find a sear that would work and do some rework on the tumbler. Just my 2 cents worth...

Called them today. Tina informed me that the lock parts are not interchangeable, and they do not repair antique locks. Just common locks that can be repaired with
I did not know this, thought the gunsmith there still repaired antique locks. I was there a couple weekends ago and the shop was full of repair work, including original rifles. You will not find ready fit parts for your antique Golcher so you might want to buy the parts you need and try to fit them yourself.

Back