• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question about Loyalist Arms and Repairs

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pedersoli muskets are approved for use in N-SSA competition. The N-SSA approval is based on dimensional accuracy so if someone says they aren't accurate enough (in appearance) that is a personal opinion and not that of the association.

As far as I know no Indian made arm has ever been summitted to the Small Arms Committee and I doubt one would pass. In addition the arm would have to have a barrel proofed in a national proof house or made by a recognized barrel maker Like Hoyt, Large or Whitaker.
You won't find any India-made gun with a barrel by any of those guys.

Hand made lock, yes they should be tuned and the frizzen hardened, Flintlock forge Waldoboro Maine. For someone starting out they are a good choice. Don't poo poo someone that can't afford what you have. I have some high end guns but I'm old! Encourage new folks to buy the best you can afford. Not many of us started at the top!
Nit Wit

Thanks for reminding me of 'junk'. I'll add that next time.
These are the ones that take a helo to their yacht that is the size of a Nimitz class carrier with the top deck filled with Swedish supermodels all sunbathing topless. Minimum acceptable price for a ML is in the upper 4 digits. Yeah……

That is your choice and it is just like my choice that I don't buy Cuban cigars.
Based on strong personal feelings that you're not going to change my mind regardless what you say.

I personally chose Loyalist because of their reputation & not price.
Their Arkansas distributor ships months quicker if stocked.
Got 2 percussion muskets so I cannot vouch for their flintlocks yet.
My next ML is a trade gun from @Rob M. ; so, the Loyalist replica 1766 Charleville will have to wait.
I bought a Cuban cigar a month ago in Jamaica, $10.00 worth every penny, I only bought one!
Nit Wit

Latest posts

Back