• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Question about gunmaker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone familiar with Mile Run Muzzleloaders of Turbotville, Peensylvania? His stuff looks good, personal response has been more than favorable and prices are fair. They aren't cheap but certainly appear to be commensurate with the product. Any experiences or knowledge appreciated.

Vic

It's funny that I never heard of him as I live within 15 of miles of Turbotville Pa. and have been in this game for a bunch of years. But there is a gunstocker under every other rock here in Pa. I think that there are more makers of muzzloading rifles here in this state than any other state. What's the fellows name? If he shoots at any of the local clubs I should have met him. BJH

Hey B...

Thanks for the reply. The fella's name is Don Yerks and he has a web site you can access from Google under images. His work certainly looks good on there and he seems a personable fella. I'd be grateful for any info. Stockmakers and gunbuilders there must be like back hoe operators here. Every third person on any county road owns and operates a back hoe. Thanks

Vic

Hello,
Let me introduce myself. My name is Don Yerks of Mile Run Muzzleloaders from Turbotville, Pa. I've been building flintlock rifles and pistols for about 7 years and started Mile Run Muzzleloaders 3 years ago.
You can only build so many rifles for yourself,so then one day someone suggested to start selling them, so here I am.
I've had some "GREAT" gunsmiths to learn from like Brad Emig of Cabin Creek, Bill Kennedy of Kennedy Firearms and Jim Cullers from Ft Chambers in Chambersburg,Pa. "I THANK THOSE GUYS"
I'm not as well known as some other gunsmiths out there but I am among good company.
Thanks,
Don Yerks

Hello,
Let me introduce myself. My name is Don Yerks of Mile Run Muzzleloaders from Turbotville, Pa. Thanks,
Don Yerks

Welcome Don; glad to have you as an active poster. :hatsoff:
--Gabby

Howdy Don,
glad ta have ya here on the forum..
I am gonna try ta find yer website right now....
sounds interesting....

*** WV SCROUNGER ***

How can you go wrong with a man named Yerks, from Pennsylvania - he's probably got gun building in his breeding.

Back