• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Price Drop . Rainbow Obsidian Knife #2

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Redmoon

40 Cal
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Up for your consideration is a very nice Lassen Creek electric blue rainbow obsidian knife. Knapped by me. Mule deer shed antler handle, home made pine pitch glue and artificial sinew. This blade is a hair over 6.5" with an overall length of 12". With the sun behind you, blade pointing left, rocking the belly of the blade away from you there are bands of bright blue flashing like crazy. The other side is seen by rotating the knife 180 degrees with the blade to the right. These are very hard to get a decent picture of so if you like the pic you will LOVE it in hand.

I get asked these questions a lot so let's try to cover most now.
No these aren't toys, they are sharp.
The obsidian is completely natural and no 2 pieces will be the same, at least when it comes to rainbow obsidian.
They make great display pieces and are very usable too, they did it for thousands of years. When it comes to durability they can't compete with steel, you can't drop this on the floor and expect it to survive.

X$225 shippedX
$200 shipped

Attachments

• 20220218_180725.jpg
    20220218_180725.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 20220226_124016.jpg
    20220226_124016.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 141
  • 20220226_131430.jpg
    20220226_131430.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
Price dropped
Do you know if one try favored these are the others or if obsidian was mostly out west or down south I know when I lived in southern Illinois I could find flint in the road heck sometimes I was in the gravel are used to collect as much fun as I can carry every time I went hiking in for years I never ran out of Flint to use in my rock lock

The word try I meant to say tribe I guess my question is modeled by none of coffee too early in the morning did one tribe had more resources to obsidian or do you think it was something I was treated all over the Connelle United States welcome all tips trips in info from everyone

The word try I meant to say tribe I guess my question is modeled by none of coffee too early in the morning did one tribe had more resources to obsidian or do you think it was something I was treated all over the Connelle United States welcome all tips trips in info...

I see a lot of OLD points/blades/scrapers made of black obsidian in southern Utah (Navajo, Hopi, Anasazi etc), not so much up north (Ute, Piute, Goshute etc) BUT I have seen northern Utah points made of obsidian in areas that are at least 2 hours drive from the nearest known obsidian. I believe the trade between tribes was a lot more expansive than most are given credit for. I find it highly unlikely and unrealistic to think for example that a hunter/warrior would travel for several days (one way and in the desert) to collect obsidian to then bring it home to make tools when he has plenty of other suitable material to work with right at home.
As far as the rainbow obsidian from northern California/ Oregon areas im sure rainbow was used id be very surprised if no tribe ever used it but with that being said ive never personally seen an OLD point made of rainbow.

Also this knife has been sold. Thank you Planefixer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back