• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN PRICE DROP - $375 Shipped- Lyman Flintlock .50 Trade Rifle Project

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I have a .50 Lyman Trade Rifle. It needs a little work, though nothing ambitious. It’s set by my workbench waiting for me for too long so it’s time for it to move along.

The issue is the toe of stock, which was damaged in transit. I clamped and glued it and had intended to install a toe plate to clean it up more, but that’s where things stalled. The butt plate is included, as are the screws to mount it. I haven’t reattached the butt plate since gluing and believe it will need tweaked as it likely got bent slightly when the chip occurred. It was also missing the barrel wedge, which is now included but it new and will require a little fitting.

That’s it for the work. The bore is pristine. If I had to guess, I’d presume never fired. Stock is otherwise in good condition with a few scratches and imperfections. Some tarnish on the trigger guard.

Price Drop - $399 shipped where legal in the CONUS. Will ship with signature required. USPS money order preferred.

Attachments

• IMG_4485.jpeg
    IMG_4485.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4478.jpeg
    IMG_4478.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4482.jpeg
    IMG_4482.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4481.jpeg
    IMG_4481.jpeg