• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD Practically New, Beautiful 20ga/62cal Flintlock Fowler

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all.

Hate to do it, but my collecting interest is taking me towards the Civil War Era of guns and I'm going to free up some room in the safe to do so.

Therefore I offer the following piece for sale, a very beautiful flintlock fowler, custom made for me by Hendrie at Kashtuk Bowcraft. It features a curly maple stock that is lovely, the buttstock especially looks great as you move it around in the light, a 20ga/62cal Colerain barrel, which is octagon to round with wedding band transition, and is 36" in length, no rear sight, overall length is 52.5" and the LOP is 13.5". It is set off by a Chambers round faced lock. I shot 10 rounds through it when I got it a few months ago but unfortunately the range trip was cut short, that's all that's been through it, it is truly a beautiful piece and displays as well as it shoots and the fit and finish is fine, I hate to get rid of it but it isn't in the current scope of my collecting and has just been sitting in the back of the safe, and I'm sure someone can appreciate it more than I.

Asking $1700 shipped to the lower 48, will ship via USPS or UPS which ever the buyer prefers, paypal friends and family, bank check or USPS MO only.

*Would consider trades for or towards original ACW rifles or carbines.

IMG_5242.jpeg
IMG_5243.jpeg
IMG_5244.jpeg
IMG_5245.jpeg
IMG_5246.jpeg
IMG_5247.jpeg
IMG_5248.jpeg
IMG_5249.jpeg
IMG_5250.jpeg

Last edited:
Hello all.

Hate to do it, but my collecting interest is taking me towards the Civil War Era of guns and I'm going to free up some room in the safe to do so.

Therefore I offer the following piece for sale, a very beautiful flintlock fowler, custom made for me by Hendrie at Kashtuk Bowcraft. It features a curly maple stock that is lovely, the buttstock especially looks great as you move it around in the light, a 20ga/62cal Colerain barrel, which is octagon to round with wedding band transition, and is 36" in length, no rear sight, overall length is 52.5" and the LOP is 13.5". It is set off by a Chambers round faced lock. I shot 10 rounds through it when I got it a few months ago but unfortunately the range trip was cut short, that's all that's been through it, it is truly a beautiful piece and displays as well as it shoots and the fit and finish is fine, I hate to get rid of it but it isn't in the current scope of my collecting and has just been sitting in the back of the safe, and I'm sure someone can appreciate it more than I.

Asking $1700 shipped to the lower 48, will ship via USPS or UPS which ever the buyer prefers, paypal friends and family, bank check or USPS MO only.

View attachment 110781View attachment 110782View attachment 110783View attachment 110784View attachment 110785View attachment 110786View attachment 110787View attachment 110788View attachment 110789.

I have an original 1861 Springfield with bayonet and sheath if you are interested in a trade.

You said that you shot it? What is the powder charge for this gun? 70gr, 80gr, 90gr.??? Can I PM you? Rae.

You said that you shot it? What is the powder charge for this gun? 70gr, 80gr, 90gr.??? Can I PM you? Rae.

PM away my friend! Powder charge is whatever you want, I started at 80gr bare ball .595 with tow over the top and was ringing the 6" gong at 50 yards easily. Never got to go out to 100 yards as the range filled up and I decided to leave.

I sent a pm asking for an address to send a check. Hopefully you still have it. Rae

I will go buy a bank check Monday morning and have it in the post office Monday afternoon.
I'm joining a mountain man club where historically accurate gets extra points. Words like "made in Japan " count against me. Lol.

Hello all.

View attachment 110781View attachment 110782View attachment 110783View attachment 110784View attachment 110785View attachment 110786View attachment 110787View attachment 110788View attachment 110789.
This gun is so beautiful, it can make an ugly man like me sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back