• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Power flask

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadecummings

32 Cal
Reaction score
I’ve been considering for a while now of getting a new powder flack I have a traditions tube flask that came with my first revolver kit I bought years ago when I was around 16 but now I want something more traditional I have an opportunity to buy one made by colt from the 1800s but I’ve been told they don’t poor a consistent powder charge. Has anyone had any experience with power flasks originals or reproductions? any advice or reviews would be appreciated.

In my opinion powder flasks are great for looks and reenactment but not advisable for direct loading and can be unsafe doing so. you should be loading from a calibrated measure filled from the flask using the flask only for volume storage. Again this is only my opinion .If your intent on direct loading they make valves that have graduated tubes .I have never used them but have seen them used. You plug the tube with your finger press the valve which fills the tube with the measured amount release the valve place the tube over the barrel move your finger powder flows. Treso muzzleloading is one place that carries the valves and tubes as a kit

I use both the modern round flasks and the traditional bag shape metal flasks. I will load a revolver from the flask for the first cylinder on a revolver or first shot on a single shot. On any subsequent loadings I use a measure for safety. At the range where unmentionables are used I just pick up a spent brass and use it if it is large enough if the spout on the flask is set to the correct charge.

Back