• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder Preference Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because it is happening in milliseconds and is hard for the senses to pick up at times.
Although I bet you'll be able to tell it's
faster if you try some Null-B or Meal-D.
For the same reason 3F produces more pressure than an equal volume of 1F, the finer granulation in the pan is faster in burning up it's volume thus releasing more energy in a shorter period of time.

Same experience here Cruzatte. It makes the loading process so much simpler. Definitely a convert!

I have 4 flintlocks. 3 of them will fire with any powder I put in the pan. The fourth is a bit more finicky. When I go from 4F to 3F it definitely slows down ignition.

3 of them like the flint bevel up. The other likes the bevel down.

Point is, you really just have to try it in your own gun and see if it works.

Back