• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder horn, that hid itself…

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My momma taught me if you can’t say anything nice don’t say anything at all. Constructive criticism can be done without belittling someone’s work. My first horn from many years ago has brass screws because I thought that might be what was used. Of course that was in pre internet days where information was harder to find and a small local library was about all we had.

One problem with finding stuff is remembering what they go to. Percussion nipples all look pretty much alike. My plastic pill bottle has filled with nipples - not one labelled. Sorting lead balls with a micrometer is really boring. 50-year-old Herter's Stock refinishing "kit" apparently dried up sometime in the 80's or 90's. Sandpaper's still good. Socket sets, screwdriver sets, tap & die sets will all be missing the one you need. Apparently not all screws are metric.

No matter the circumference of your cache of ramrods, not one will be the one you need, but you never know .....A neat garage is a sign of weakness.

Here’s an antique American powder horn with brass screws, for sale on Etsy
seems the above does not have an allowable extension.

Here’s an Australian horn
9461AA28-1724-4C8F-B6C3-6A923D3EDBFF.jpeg

hard to find early tacky ones but they’re around.

Oh, I think we've all been there, lol
I just put my garage back together after a particularly rough winter.
I have a two car garage that serves as my bike shop, gun shop, wood shop, staging area for seasonal equipment, snow blower, shovels, power washer and occasionally, a riding lawn mower and all of my camping gear for the RV.
Everything is pretty much on wheels so it moves around easy enough but I lose stuff for weeks, even years out there. In fact the reason I cleaned it up is, I was trying to find my drop hitch for my bike trailer. Found it! And the garage looks awesome!View attachment 141426
If my garage ever looked like that my wife would find out who was taking my place. It certainly would not be me doing that. Congrats. Dale

Back